Why we need cycling caps? You say: “He has a helmet!” Perhaps cyclist helmet will protect his head from the sun, but from the rain or cold not quite. Helmet sometimes is not a good choice when is sunny, because “holes” in the helmet which are cooling head, also let the sun through. For example, every cyclist man who has less hair could have weird tan.
Now cycling caps are colourful, with funny inscriptions, the perfect addition to cycling outfit. Their primary function was to protect the rider’s head, because that is the basic function of the cap. Once there were beautiful tradition of wearing hats. Everyone wore them. So when cycling became popular, the riders to protect their heads from the sun, rain, cold wore customized to their needs caps. Now the role of cycling caps took over the helmet, but the cap after all is important for the rider.
Cycling cap (worn under the helmet!) is useful because:
- when the heat outside is unbearable, we can put our cap under a stream of cold water and find relief during training / roadtrip in the heat;
- During the colder days, it could warm rider’s head;
- When we visit a store in order to buy something to eat and we take off the helmet, then we still looking good and we don’t welcome , not to welcome salesman and other buyers with a strange haircut!
- Cycling cap could be a great headdress in situations more “civilian”, when we leave our bike at home, but we still need a suitable headwear.
Good cycling cap should:
- Have a peak’s cap which properly stand out when the cap is worn under the helmet;
- Have a peak on the inside should be colorful (that is our opinion!);
- Not be too tight, but also not too loose;
- Be made of good materials, which guarantee that we don’t sweat when is hot.
- Be fun to present when we remove the helmet!
See our caps here >> www.am-cycling.com/product-category/cycling-cap/